First, it goes without saying that healthy people do not need drugs for any reason. If you depend on any kind of drug, prescription or otherwise, on a regular basis YOU ARE NOT HEALTHY.
Just as important, virtually any health problem will be improved with personally appropriate nutritional support, and often you can wean yourself off most drugs with such support.
But beyond the obvious signs of declining health are many warnings our bodies may send us that things are not as they should be. Ignoring such signs or denying their importance almost always eventually leads to drug dependence and/or a health catastrophe.
The following signs and signals are presented as a means of determining whether there might be need for diet and/or lifestyle revision. If you are:
- Plagued by dental cavities or crowded, crooked teeth, failing eyesight, increasing health problems
- Chronically sluggish (mentally or physically)
- Lack energy or enthusiasm or just plain interest in your life and surroundings
- If your standard response has become a tepid whatever
- If you are plagued by mental confusion, brain fog, learning or behavior problems
- If you feel chronically lazy or out-of-sorts OR if you are constantly running in overdrive or on empty, feeling "tired" but "wired"
OR if you have chronic problems of any sort including:
- Headaches or body aches and pains
- Frequent mood swings or unexplained, excessive or unprovoked irritability or anxiety
- Indigestion, reflux, acid stomach, constipation, diarrhea, bloating, abdominal cramping, or gas
- Weight issues
- Excess water retention
- Excess fat or insufficient muscle mass (including weakening bones, ligaments, tendons and other connective tissue)
Any of these symptoms means your body - and your brain - are telling you something. You may want to pay attention, or suffer the consequences. Your body is NOT meant to function in a constant state of distress. (Be sure to check out the closely related signs of insulin/blood sugar imbalances page and take our insulin/blood sugar self-test.)
Please note that, while it is tempting to rely on technologically sophisticated tests, these tests can and frequently do obscure the underlying issues, and they often come with a whole host of side effects. The eventual price for your neglect of what various signs and signals your body may be telling you can be high. Consider the experience of Dr. Stephen Gyland, M.D. of Tampa, Florida well known to many natural health care practitioners. It is but One Doctor's Story illustrating our all too common tendency to overlook the obvious.