Our 14 Best Foods List
While we at Health Advantage do eat - and enjoy - many of the foods on the government/media sponsored list posted below our "Top 14" it is important to recognize the superior nutritional value of our "anti-establishment" list as well.
This is because the foods contained in this first list (modified slightly from that which appeared in the fall 2004 issue of Wise Traditions, a publication of the Weston A. Price Foundation) supplies vital nutrients not found in the establishment list - including the all-important fat-soluble vitamins so crucial to the long term maintenance of acid/alkaline balance and sustained overall health.
Moreover and to paraphrase the Wise Traditions article: "A diet containing only these foods will confer lifelong good health while a diet containing ONLY the foods in the government-and-media sponsored list is a fast track to nutritional deficiencies."
Now for Our TOP 14:
- Butter from grass-fed cows, preferrably raw [and high quality coconut oil]
- Liver from grass-fed animals [along with other organ meats]
- Eggs from grass-fed hens
- Cod liver oil
- Fish eggs
- Whole raw milk from grass-fed cows
- Bone broth
- Wild Shrimp
- Wild salmon
- Whole fat yoghurt or Kefir, from raw milk from grass-fed cows
- Beef from grass-fed cows
- Sauerkraut [and other green non-starchy vegetables]
- Organic beets
Next we have the list most of us are familiar with, which is to say the government-and-media-sponsored Top 14 Best Foods - which, as Wise Traditions states: "reflects the current establishment angels (anti-oxidants and omega-3 fatty acids) and demons (saturated fats and animal foods).”
- Salmon (presumably including farm-raised)
- Tea (green or black)
- Turkey (presumably factory farmed)
- Yoghurt (presumably made with pasteurized milk)